Search This Blog

Friday, July 18, 2008

weapons that protect us against the enemies

18:2 Jehovah is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; My God, my rock, in whom I will take refuge; My shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower. 18:3 I will call upon Jehovah, who is worthy to be praised: So shall I be saved from mine enemies.
Psalms 18:2-3 ASV


18:2 \18:1\ I will love thee, O LORD, my strength. 18:3 \18:2\The LORD [is] my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, [and] my high tower.
Psalms 18:2-3 KJV

LAB comment:
God's protection of his people is limitless and can take many forms. David characterized God's care with 5 military symbols: God is like(1) a rock that can't be moved by anyone who would harm us. (2) a fortress or a place of safety where the enemy can't follow. (3) a shield that comes between us and harm. (4) a horn of salvation, a symbol of might and power. (5) a stronghold high above the enemy. If you need protection, look to God.
My comment:
Look like David is always involve in warfare. We may not have that many physical enemies. We have many challenges and also enemies in the spiritual sense especially when we are in the business of bringing people into His Kingdom.

No comments: