Search This Blog

Monday, August 9, 2010

Whatever you sow, you shall reap

Dirty double lives

By Silent suffering wife

Starmag Sunday 8 August 2010d

I read the below letter from The Star and wonder how many men in our society are living double lives.

Dirty double lives

ON July 11, Thelma had this advice for Confused Cameron Highlands (“Dirty old man”, Dear Thelma, Heart & Soul, StarMag): “At this point in your lives, do you still feel the need to watch over a man who is less virile and sexually subdued? If visiting erotic websites is the only way for him to keep his pride and ego up while his libido and prowess wilt, what is your worry?”

When a man’s libido wilts, that is precisely the time to worry! Don’t forget there’s a wide range of drugs to get him up and going.

I was secretly pleased when my 60-year-old husband couldn’t “get it up”. He seemed to have lost his libido, too, and I believed his flabby physique would prevent him from straying.

Imagine my shock when I discovered that he had shamelessly gone on merry jaunts, visiting prostitutes both locally and abroad, after having his virility restored by consuming pills and herbal concoctions recommended by his buddies!

He became so “addicted” that he even embarked on a torrid affair with a bar girl in Manila, promising to father a “football team” of children with her.

“I miss you and I love you, sweetheart. Put that in your head,” he crooned into his mobile while sitting on the toilet seat, unaware that I was standing by the door. “If you need money, text me and I will send you some.”

Since that day, his words have stayed in my head like a stuck tape recorder. My 35 years of love for him, and loyalty and devotion lay shattered at my feet.

I confronted him and despite our subsequent row, he blatantly keeps a stock of those pills and condoms in his briefcase. He never leaves home without them.

I believe many “old” men are living dirty double lives. They act like pitiful, woe-is-me-l-can’t-get-it-up husbands.

But once they’re safely out of the sight of their gullible wives, they consume sex-enhancing drugs and become roaring tigers. Their fat wallets make them instant sugar daddies to sweet young things, most of whom are much younger than their own daughters.

Silent suffering wife,
Selangor

tarmag@thestaar.com .my

It is very strange that the Bible has a lot of passages warning men about women and not the other way round.

Proverbs 6:20-35 (New International Version)

Warning Against Adultery

20 My son, keep your father's commands
and do not forsake your mother's teaching.

21 Bind them upon your heart forever;
fasten them around your neck.

22 When you walk, they will guide you;
when you sleep, they will watch over you;
when you awake, they will speak to you.

23 For these commands are a lamp,
this teaching is a light,
and the corrections of discipline
are the way to life,

24 keeping you from the immoral woman,
from the smooth tongue of the wayward wife.

25 Do not lust in your heart after her beauty
or let her captivate you with her eyes,

26 for the prostitute reduces you to a loaf of bread,
and the adulteress preys upon your very life.

27 Can a man scoop fire into his lap
without his clothes being burned?

28 Can a man walk on hot coals
without his feet being scorched?

29 So is he who sleeps with another man's wife;
no one who touches her will go unpunished.

30 Men do not despise a thief if he steals
to satisfy his hunger when he is starving.

31 Yet if he is caught, he must pay sevenfold,
though it costs him all the wealth of his house.

32 But a man who commits adultery lacks judgment;
whoever does so destroys himself.

33 Blows and disgrace are his lot,
and his shame will never be wiped away;

34 for jealousy arouses a husband's fury,
and he will show no mercy when he takes revenge.

35 He will not accept any compensation;
he will refuse the bribe, however great it is.

My comment: I have a story of a man, let us call him Keong. He is around 55 year-old, married with a very good responsible wife, has a few grown up children doing well and settling in a nearby country.

Keong sold off some of his properties and took an adventure to a nearby country, brought back a foreign wife who is younger than his own children. Saw once the wife took good care of him by wiping his mouth.

To cut the story short, when Keong finished using the money, I guessed, she went back to her home country, no more to be found.

The last thing I knew Keong had been diagnosed to have HIV positive.

No comments: