Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

PM to end guessing game

Today the Sun paper reports on the front page that Prime Minister Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi will announce today or tomorrow whether he will defend his position as Umno president or make way for his deputy Datuk Seri Najib Abdul Razak at the party polls in March.What caught my eye on the report was: Abdullah said for now, he wanted to focus on the reforms that he had promised the rakyat, "I know the law minister (referring to Datuk Zaid Ibrahim who resigned) is not around anymore to undertake this, but that does not mean that it must stop...it (judicial reform) is not his idea, it was mine in the 2004 (BN) manifesto and what I promised I must deliver."I really hope, I think it is the hope of all people wanting to see the judicial reform made as soon as possible. It is better late(imagine it was his manifesto in 2004,not done yet) than never! If he succeed in the reform, he will leave a legacy for correcting the wrongs left by Mahathir. Better still, I hope he wll abolish the draconian ISA and release all detainees arrested under ISA. If they have done anything wrong they should be charged in court.According to what he just said, it will be logical, for him to contest the Umno president post. Let's wait and see.

No comments: